Saturday 2 October 2004

First week in classes

It's been, one week since you looked at me... I mean, since classes started. So, from the academic point of view, it's been a fruitful week. Lots of tutorials but I'm getting on. Lectures also okay. Project starting next week.

And now, from the housing point of view. All stuff have been cleared so the house no longer look like a war bunker. Still some leftover stuff to go through, whether to throw, give away or take for own use. And internet, earliest next week only got but I wouldn't cross my fingers.

My phone number has not change, contrary to what I've been advertising around lately. And that's about it, I think! Update again next week!

So now, me going to type the deep types...

Thursday's lesson and the talk afterwards gave me a lot to think about. I suddenly realize (moment of truth!!) that many of the things we learn in school/college/uni are not applied in the working world (as most working people will know). However, the skills we pick up while learning those lessons is what is valuable. I realize, those skills are applied even while working. It's kinda funny once you think about it that the real world education we need to get is picked up while learning other things.

The other thing I realize (on Friday) was that no matter how much things change, there are still things that stay the same. For instance, most of the new 2nd year students are sitting beside the churchyard eating lunch or buying food at Popeye's which, was the same thing we did last year at the beginning. Hehe... weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment