Sunday 28 November 2004

Transformation


Before

After

Spot the difference!! To see more, click here.

More than my room was transformed. I have been working harder this week too. On a recap, have begun to go into the lab for my project. That's new thing No. 1

Secondly, Poho this week was pretty good. It's always good though, mind you.

Next new thing, the MASSOC website has been changed around. New photos, new committee, new link. Plus, learnt something new. Never order 10 chicken and chips at 2.30 am when only 3 people are eating. Crown Pizza ended up giving me 6 extra pieces!! The result, ate 4 pieces at 4 and still had about 3/4 pieces in the microwave. The effect: was so full the next day, no need breakfast plus the fact that I couldn't look at anything oily for a whole day. Good stuff...

Today's sermon was about golf. First of all, about the grip. In golf, you don't hold the club too tightly or too loose. In the same way, we grip on to life but we don't strangle it because it needs room for God to work His miracles. By gripping life nicely, we will be comfortable. Next, stand. Having a good stand will provide good balance. Next, swing. In other words, just go with the flow of life. And finally, follow through. Whenever we start something, we should see it through till the end (something very important in my opinion). Once we see the end result, we can then say it is good.

2 Samuel 23 talks about just showing up. As long as we show up to where we are suppose to be, the battle is won already because God will lead us on to victory. All we have to do is show up. Matthew 16 speaks about stamping our signature. Everyone has a certain signature that when they do something, anyone who knows them can tell that it's their handiwork. In the same way, each of us leave a bit of our signature in everyone we meet. The final lesson I remember from Pastor Glyn's sermon is that sometimes, being in the rough is not necessarily a bad thing. It's in the rough when we can discover many things we never knew before. In fact, he says that the most important lessons we learn are in there. He also says that God meets us there to bring us out of it. For it is while we are outside of it, we don't really see a need for God and it is when we finally enter it that we learn something new, something profound. And once we get out, we will be much wiser.

I find that line particularly useful. If there's one thing I know, it's that only when we do something ourself that we learn the lesson. And it's not when we do it well, it's when we slip up when the lesson really sticks. For example, mixing water with hot oil. My friend has told me not to do it because it will cause the oil to splash out. In fact, it has happen before but that was when I was stir-frying vegetables. So, the lesson is there but it didn't really caught on. However, once I accidentally drop a blob of water into an empty pan of hot oil and the whole stove was quickly covered in oil!!! It's only after that that I take extra care not to have anything watery near the stove when I'm cooking.

Also, I realize that I find out more about myself when I am struggling with something. Last year, when I was struggling with my studies, I quickly realize which path in engineering I should take. However, if I hadn't struggle I probably still think I can do any major and made my decision a little harder to make. That's the thing when you are an A-star student. You know you can do anything, so how to you really know what is it you do well in? Everything is A, is good. I dunno, that's just what I think.

Anyway, gonna put Pastor Glyn's words to practise. Studies, here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment