Monday 22 November 2004

Refreshing

What a week it's been. The declaration I made was only last week and already it seems like eons ago. Frankly, I feel more relax now.

Well, this week went pretty normally. Wednesday, I cooked a meal for 6 people for the first time without using any instant mixes (see here for more details). My friends said it was ok actually.

On Thursday night, it snowed!! Imagine that, snow in November. Not bad eh? The weather here has been getting colder quite fast. Already the temperature is mostly one digit. Hahha... in December, we might actually go below 0 degrees. So much for having one jacket...

On that note, whenever I went out, I can already see my breath. Having your hands out too long will be like washing them with ice cold water for half a minute. Time to put on all the thermal wears....

In the course of the week, I've been greatly encouraged and motivated to continue to do God's work. I found out this week that at least 3 of my friends have converted. This is great news indeed. Hahaha...I would really like to meet up with them. It's so encouraging that God's mighty hands are at work all the time. At times when I think I can't see God's work, He goes and reminds me again of His mighty powers.

Speaking of which, church this week was a refreshing session. Coincidently, today's sermon was about refreshing ourselves. Pastor Jenny talked about how we can refresh our souls if we get tired or too stuck in the mundane. How we can get a new set of teeth to once again grab life with a stranglehold. Some verses quoted were Isaiah 41:15, Isaiah 43:19 and Matthew 9:16-17. One thing that stood out from her sermon was the calling to clean ourselves first. As Matthew 9:16-17 says,
No-one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment, making the tear worse.
Neither do men pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will
burst, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new
wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.
Pastor Jenny used these 2 verses to say that sometimes, before God can give us the new things He has planned for our lives, we have to refresh ourselves, make ourselves ready to receive it.

It's interesting sometimes going through life with God by my side. Whenever I feel down, depressed, ready to throw in the towel, He is there to remind me again of His power and mercy. It truly is an up and down lifestyle. ^_^

Hmm... final notes. It's so nice sometimes to walk outside even in the cold. Once you come in, it's so nice and warm.... Another thing I like about the British weather, I can walk outside in the rain. Hahaha... don't worry, it's what we Malaysians would term drizzle. It's nice to just walk and enjoy the pitter patter of the rain hitting on the face. Enjoying God's blessing on the earth. Whenever I take the time to look around me, I see His greatness. Anyways, it's nice to appreciate the art around us, man-made or God-made. Makes life so much more pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment