Monday 10 November 2003

Sunday sunday...

Today started at 12 midnight! haha... bought chinese take away again from Jung Ying then went up to Lee Meng's room to eat. After we all had finished our fried rice and chow mein, we sat back to enjoy American Wedding!! I'll tell you one thing, no wonder the movie was banned.

So, after the movie, came back to my room to sleep. Unfortunately, slept so late that could not wake up at 6. Instead, woke up at nearly 9 and missed the bus to Hope City Church. Then, called a taxi but gave them the wrong address. =P what a start huh?

Finally, got the cab but unfortunately, the cabbie didn't know where the church was! Nice guy the cabbie, a Pakistani who was discussing Tun Dr. Mahathir with me. Seems that the Pakistani bigwigs really respect Mahathir and the changes he has done in Malaysia. How's that for strengthening our patriotism?

Anyway, the cabbie let me down at Hyde Park and then I just ask around for directions to the church. Luckily, there was a church nearby and the guy I saw there knew the Hope City Church! So, he kindly directed me to it and, I was there! Came in after the worship unfortunately =(

However, the service was good and really like the churches back home (according to my friends) and similar to the service in the Christian Fellowships I went to back home. Saw quite a number of fellow Malaysians there including Terence, the ex-vice pres of MASSOC!!

Some of the Malaysians there were going out for dim sum and invited me so, I went! Walked all the way to the city centre (which suprisingly, wasn't very taxing on the leg and feet given that I was wearing the formal shoes). The seniors ordered the food so I just sit back, eat, and chatted away...

At the end of lunch, one of the seniors, Albert, paid for it and said that lunch was on him! Wah!! Really nice of him... especially when he just met me too...

Then, took a bus back to Halifax Hall to watch the Man U vs Liverpool match. Oh yeah! Man U 2, Liverpool 1!! Which is the greatest team? Man U, Man U!! haha... to all the Liverpool fans out there... too bad, maybe next decade...=P Well, gotta go for dinner now, see you all next week!

P.S. I just noticed... I can type without even looking at the keyboard, cool or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment