Thursday 6 November 2003

AGM and new committee!

Ok, the day started with me going to lectures from 10 to 1. Then at 2, went to the lecture theatre where the AGM was to be held. Just spent some time in it revising my speech before they started. Then, they told us the order of our speech. I was no. 16 (2 x 8, is that lucky?). so, listen to the speeches by the other candidates. Some were really power pack and some even had powerpoint presentation!! Then, came my turn. Hehe... just forget everything I memorize and just went with the flow... not bad though. After all the speeches, then came a Q&A session where questions were directed at the posts so no personal questions. I managed to answer all the questions!

Finally, came voting time! Basically just had a piece of paper with all the nominees on it and just tick who we voting for. Something like ballot but no curtain to block others from seeing and also can discuss with friends =). The result was to be announced at the union at 9 pm.

At 9.30 pm (Malaysian time, what you expect?), we all gathered at the correct place and there, they announce the results!

First of all, I'd like to thank all who voted for me to be president. I believe that this year's committee will be as good if not better than the previous committee. I believe that the commitee will bring MASSOC to the next level. Anyway, here are the results...

For committee members:
Denise!!
Harjeet Kaur!!
Katherine!!
Kevin Tan!!
Ken!!
For treasurer:Voon Chung!
For secretary:Some girl... can't remember name...
For vice:Victoria Lip!

And finally for president... who else la?











Not me!! haahahaahaaaa... =P

Zhuo Wei got it and I think, he deserve it. He is very passionate about the post and he did the best campaigning so, to Zhuo Wei, all the best to you man!! Bring MASSOC to the next level!

After the announcements... hang around a bit to congratulate the new committee (and to get Voon Chung to sponsor me a car... =D) then went to Crookes Valley Park to watch fireworks. Bonfire night ma...

Well, that's the end of my day. That's all, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment