Wednesday 10 May 2006

I may never use an umbrella again

Today, I walked from my office to my lab. Now, this isn't a very long journey (10 minutes long) but the interesting bit was it was raining cats and dogs. So, it doesn't take a genius to figure out I got soaked.

You know, it's not so bad, walking in the rain. After you get over the initial discomfort of having water soaking your clothes, it's actually quite nice. Just like taking a bath without soap and shampoo but with your clothes on. Quite pleasant to have the rain falling off my glasses and hair. Who said the wet look was out?!

Was completely soaked from head to toe (and I mean that literally!) but it was fun! Spent the afternoon drying off while doing my work in the cold lab but no cold!

Ooooo... here's something else I discover: hair and shirt dries the fastest. The hardest parts to dry is actually shoes, socks and any clothing at the waist area. Course, once your shirt and pants are dry, you don't actually feel the discomfort anymore. And it only took me a couple of hours before I was dry enough to be comfortable. Not bad...

Having done that, there no longer exist a reason for me to use an umbrella. So... anyone want one?

1 comment:

  1. maybe the very fact that you were told by your parents that you should never go out in the rain make the experience so nice. after all forbidden fruit is the sweetest!!!

    ReplyDelete