Saturday 1 January 2005

New Year's Day Post

First of all, an apology to all who have been visiting my site regularly. I have been away on a really, really long holiday (think 14 days). Will blog about it once I get the pictures from my family and friends.

Meanwhile, just a few thoughts over the hols. The tsunami has taken up everyone's mind. Let us take a moment to pray for the dead and that their love ones will not hurt too much. However, knowing most humans, this news will be stale in at most, a weeks' time. Soon, we who are not affected will forget and move on to the next big news. Those who are will remember it from time to time. As time goes by, we forget. It's sad but true.

On a happier note, it's 2005!! One year away from Germany '06....

Here's something interesting to share. I got it from Ee-lin:

Thanks to all my friends who sent me such important emails in 2004! It's so wonderful that you included me in your quest to inform! Because of you I stopped going to the movies for fear of sitting on a needle Infected with a disease. I smell awful, but thank goodness I stopped using deodorant. Because you said it causes cancer. I don't leave my car in any parking lot even though I sometimes have to walk about five kilometres, because you said that someone might drug me with a perfume sample and then try to rob me. I also stopped answering the phone because you said that they will ask me to dial a stupid number and then I get a high phone bill with calls to Uganda, Singapore, Tokyo and maybe the Mars Rover. I stopped eating chicken and hamburgers because you told me they are nothing more than horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers that are bred in a lab so that places like McDonalds can sell their Big Macs. I also stopped drinking anything out of a can - you said that I will get sick from the rat faeces and urine. When I go to parties, I now don't mix with anybody - you said that someone will take my kidneys and leave me taking a nap in a bathtub full of ice. Now the police are also after me at present because you said not to pull over as they could be fake policemen trying to kidnap me. I went bankrupt from bounced checks that I wrote, in anticipation of the $15,000 that Microsoft and AOL were supposed to send me when I participated in their special e-mail program. It's weird, though, that my new free cell phone never arrived, and neither did the passes for my paid vacation to Disneyland. But I am positive that all this is because of the chain I broke or forgot to follow and I got a curse. OOPS I ALMOST FORGOT, IMPORTANT NOTE: If you don't send this e-mail to at least 1200 people in the next ten seconds, a bird will crap on you tonight at 7:00 PM. MERRY CHRISTMAS LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR EMAILS IN 2005!


2 comments:

  1. Wah!! Chain mail! Hey.. you didnt send enough email! It is unfair to post iton the blog! hahaha...

    Happy new year, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kekeke... oii I post so you can read for fun lah. I don't believe in all the chain mail hype anyways. All rubbish...

    ReplyDelete