Wednesday 5 January 2005

Manchester United 0 Tottenham Hotspur 0

My first ever match watched in the Theatre of Dreams!! The match itself was packed with action though lacking in goals.

I had beginner's luck as I got a near front row ticket. Actually, I was only 10 rows behind the pitch so I could see all the players up close. The atmosphere was electric!! And, it's definitely better than watching a match on TV.

The fans were definitely living up the match. I could hear them as they curse the referee's decisions and the player's mistakes (and for some special case, the player itself). Also, they were chanting throughout the match, spurring the players on. The ones I remember from the match was "There is only one Keano" and (my favourite) "You are my Solskjaer". It's nice to see he's still remembered though he's out for the entire season.

After the match, Ken and Allan brought me to where the players exit. Some just went back straight while most of the others took some time to sign autographs. I couldn't get any since I could not get near enough to the players. It was cool though to be standing inches away from them, almost breathing the same air.

Well, that's the entire story of my first day watching a match in Old Trafford. If time and studies permit, I'd like to watch at least one more match. Anyways, that's for the future. It's late now and I need to sleep. Goodnight people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment