Sunday 17 December 2006

A new beginning

Today marks my last day at work. Yes, for those of you who don't know it already, I've left the company. I took the voluntary separation package which basically means I was laid off. Reason given was my skills don't fit the skill set they need but I wasn't completely interested in the job either. They gave good compensation though.

Actually, this is good news. I was contemplating leaving the company anyways. Not that there was anything wrong with the company, my colleagues and boss or the working culture. It's just simply that I didn't find the job interesting. I guess it's finally time for me to work out what I'm actually good at and what I really have a passion to do.

Therefore, I'm taking time off to really think about what kind of job I want and what qualifications are needed. In fact, I'm going to take advantage of this time off to settle some personal projects I have still pending and do some new experiences I planned to do earlier. Onwards to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment