Wednesday 21 June 2006

Monthly roundup

A simple roundup on what's been going on.

2 weeks ago, my group had a teambuilding event which I helped organize. It was fun though the rain halfway through meant a change of plans. Was very tired but it was well worth it. More on this in a later post along with pictures.

Last weekend, I attended a seminar on temperaments and love languages. In layman's terms, I figured out what sort of character I am and what translates to me as love. Don't confuse it, it's 2 different topics that are no way related to each other! Mostly, learnt about what are my possible weaknesses so I can work on fixing it.

Also, spend some time getting to know more people and my friends better. Definitely worth the RM30 though I'm still tired.

Also, World Cup is here again! England and Brazil seem to have enough luck/skill to scrap into the second round while Argentina and Spain showed why they are considered powerhouses in world football. Argentina is especially scary since they have yet to play Tevez and Messi yet. And Spain can afford to leave great midfielders such as Guti and De la Pena back home. Serbia and Montenegro has been largely disappointing though it seems to me that that's due to Vidic being suspended/injured. Too bad Ivory Coast is out, they are quite good. France has scored their first WC goal since the 1998 finals but the chances of them qualifying for the next round seem slim. Out of the 5 African teams here, only Ghana has a clear shot at getting pass the group stages though Ivory Coast can be called unlucky to be in the "Group of Death". Ironically, Ghana's group seem more like the Group of Death now since all 4 teams seem quite even. South Korea still remains the best Asian team with one win and one draw as well as being the only Asian team to have won their match. I would say Japan lost to better substitution tactics and Iran were let down by poor finishing. Saudi have at least gotten drawn one match so it's an improvement from their last showing.

Well, off to bed! And tomorrow, I shall awake to news of England's lost (I hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment