Monday 6 June 2005

Miracle! (3rd July 2005)

As of June, I had only about £70+ to spend for the entire month. This was due to a large sum of my money being stuck in a High Interest Savings Account (HISA). For those who don't know it, HISA is a cross between a savings account and a fixed deposit. You can put money in at any time but it requires 60 days notice to take any money out or else a fee will be charged.

As I said, a bulk of my money was stuck in such an account but I wasn't too worried because most of it is going to be withdrawn soon. My biggest issue was closing the account as 60 days from the 6th was the 5th of August, the date I'm flying back.

When I got to the bank, I set out to close the account. To my surprise and delight, the bank just changed their policy on that account! I can now withdraw the money as and when I want to! In other words the HISA is now like my savings account but with a higher interest!

The miracle of it is, HSBC changed that policy that very morning! So, if I had gone the friday before as I originally planned, I would have ended up with less money for the next few days and having money stuck till my flight date. Now, I miraculously have all the money at my disposal and still get quite a sum from the interest. God really works in mysterious ways... ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment