Tuesday 26 June 2007

This is the day that the Lord has made.

Today was such an awesome day! And it all started with a prayer to God to help me decide on what to do today.

I woke up and realize that the IBM seminar was today and my boss didn't know about it yet. So I prayed to God about which step should I take; go to work or go to the seminar. Just after I prayed, my dad came in and suggested I call my boss who immediately said to go for the seminar.

What a great decision it turned out to be! For this seminar, IBM had organized a 'contest' where the grand (and only) prize was a PlayStation 3. Those techies out there are drooling... To win the PS3, I had attended an earlier seminar, filled up a case study, entered a slogan between 20 to 40 words regarding power and attended today's seminar. The total number of people who did all that was about 10 only.

And yet, I won it!!! Wow... considering this is the first time I've ever written a slogan for a contest, I even more amazed by it.

That alone would make this day great but it gets better. A colleague of mine was involved in a motorcycle accident and was in University Malaya Medical Center (aka University Hospital). I wanted to visit him but couldn't get the chance (didn't wanna go alone) and it looked like my colleague weren't really planning a trip together. Through a series of timing and conversation, I managed to visit him today! It was good that I manage to accomplish so much (in addition to my regular work of course).

Not only that, I still had time to make it for Prayer Service and meet new friends while strengthening old friendships. I've never had a day when I manage to accomplish so much that I had not plan in advance. Truly, this is a day only God could have made possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment