Sunday 26 February 2006

Once you've tasted heaven...

... it's very hard to come back down to earth.

I'm starting to realize why people who live with certain conveniences today find it hard to give up. For instance, once you find driving so easy and convenient, it's quite hard to return to biking or walking (for me anyways). Once you've driven a BMW, Kancils seem so clunky. Once you're used to excellent services and facilities, it's hard to settle for anything less.

Personally, I find it hard to handle having no internet at home after the fast connections I had in Sheffield. It's hard to go back to mundane routine once something exciting has happen. It's just difficult to settle for something less when you have experience and know that there's something much, much better out there.

After the great experience I had in Hope City, it's hard to settle for anything less than that. I found a church where the congregation is fully motivated to advancing His kingdom in everyway. Powerful sermons, life changing events, exciting worships and genuine Christians who live only for the King. After that, I can't go back to laid back Christianity, Sunday Christianity, not believing that God can do anything we ask and more, living life my own way, quiet worships. It's just something I'm not willing to do. God is the same everywhere so the sincere Christians should worship Him and do things in His name everywhere. The events might differ from place to place as well as the execution but the passion behind it should be the same. If that's not true, I think I'll need to move...

No comments:

Post a Comment