Thursday 17 January 2008

A new beginning

As 2007 has closed, 2008 dawns to a new beginning. But before I will go on and make my extraordinary new year resolutions, let's see how God's grace has been sufficient for me to complete my 2007 goals.

The 2007 goals were:
  1. Blog about latest personal events and thoughts ASAP.
  2. Apply to MENSA and take their IQ test.
  3. Join MUSC in SS2.
  4. Keep up to date with friends, online presence and relatives (not in that order).
  5. Be fluent in Cantonese/Mandarin (this might not happen though).
  6. Get a regular QT and be active in church.
  7. Build a good personal timetable and stick to it as much as possible.
  8. Do what I say I'll do ASAP.
  9. Concentrate on the Important, not the Urgent.
The blogging thing is still not taking off so that's 1 failure. Haven't even sniffed a MENSA member so that's another one for the year. MUSC hasn't heard from me yet so that's another miss. Kept up to date? Not really. More like the opposite actually. At least I can say I knew I'd not pick up Cantonese. My church activities are on the rise so that's a halfer... No personal timetable though that will be goal no. 1 for the new year. No. 8 is a bit vague so I've nothing to say about that. Same with no. 9.

And now, the good part! Goals for 2008 that will be accomplished!!
  1. Read the whole Bible.
  2. Sleep at 10 and wake up at 6 everyday.
  3. Get more involved with God's work.
  4. Keep a personal journal.
  5. Blog frequently as and when thoughts come in.
And now, goals that will be nice to accomplish.
  1. Take the MENSA IQ test.
  2. Join MUSC.
  3. Be fluent in Cantonese or Mandarin.
  4. Finish building the Eunos Roadster.
9 failures last year, 9 success this year. How about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment